Old Carnagie Library
An unusual picture of the Old Library building, with no cars parked in front of it. Must have been Sunday. The library was built with funds donated by Andrew Carnagie in 1909. The current library is on Middle Street a long block west of the Market. A new library will be located just out of town on Murray Road near the schools complex and "Peace Mo".
The Aliance Francais contributed to the restoration of the building and occupy a space on the second floor. The National Trust has offices and exhibit space on the first floor.