Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mea Culpa

For the last couple of years, and especially the last few months, I have been neglecting this blog because I've been writing a book. A bit over 50 years ago I started trying to make sense of the way we were acting. If you remember, we were fighting in Vietnam with the people who are now our trading partners. That sort of thing did not strike me as sensible. I invented new ways to mathematically describe behavior and that allowed me to describe the way we have behaved from the distant past to the present. In recent days I've been trying to figure out the future, and May day 2011 seems to be the turning point. If you are interested in the details, go to {http://mayday.karleklund.net}, download the zip file and zip it open. If you don't want all the details just read the preface and Chapter 20.

In any case I'm finished with that for a bit so I'll be able to concentrate on this blog. We'll be going up to the states for a while to see old folk's doctors for our chronic illnesses, but we'll be back in St. Vincent and the Grenadines in the fall. I'll post some photos I took in the past and just stashed, read and review some books I just listed, and stuff like that.

The purpose of all this is to arouse interest in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. There doesn't seem to be a lot of income in growing sugar, copra, arrowroot and banana, the traditional tropical crops. Coffee grows well here (search on coffee for a local brand), as does cacao, and nutmeg, but they are all tree crops that take a while to establish. So whatever we do for a cash crop agriculturally, we are going to have to get some tourist income and that means drawing attention to St. Vincent and the Grenadines. That's the purpose of this blog.

If you see anything on the internet, or elsewhere in the media, that's about St. Vincent and the Grenadines, please call my attention to it. If you can, send a copy as a text or PDF file, or a picture, to: Karlek76@gmail.com

I can't offer you anything but a mention of your name, but who knows, that may catch the eye of a billionaire who you helped when he was poor.


After I posted this the demonstrations at "Occupy Wall Street" started, and the Republican Presidential Primaries started, and I tried two versions of the book after Mayday and I'm still not satisfied. Then the NY Times discovered SVG and I had to update
this because people will be searching it. So don't believe any promises made before New Years 2012, and take any promises made in 2012 with a grain of salt. - Jan. 7, 2012

Labels: , , ,