Thursday, February 18, 2010

US Consular Officer to visit SVG

A notice for ex-pats like us: the US Embassy in Barbados will provide consular services for one and one/half days in March. If, that is, you write for an appointment and can find the Peace Corps office over in Montrose. Evidently the US State Department doesn't believe in spoiling US citizens who find themselves in SVG.

Published on Thursday, February 18, 2010

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados -- A Consular Officer from the United States Embassy in Barbados will visit St Vincent on March 8-9, 2010.

Office hours are as follows: Monday, March 8, 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm. He will be available Tuesday, March 9 from 9am to 12pm. Both days appointments will be held at the Peace Corps Office in New Montrose, Kingstown. An appointment is required to meet with the Consular Officer. To make an appointment, please e-mail the Embassy at and include in the subject line the words “ACS Appointment - St Vincent”. The Consular Officer will be providing American Citizen Services and taking applications for US passports, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad. Visa cases will not be discussed.

Fees are: Child’s passport (under 16) US$85, first adult passport US$100, CRBA US$65. Persons seeking to renew a ten-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and who can present the expired passport, may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$75. (Fees are payable by international money order or bank draft, made out to “US Embassy, Barbados”). All passport applicants who cannot present a previous ten-year passport issued less than fifteen years ago must appear for an interview with the Consular Officer. Both parents must appear with a child under 16 if both are listed on the birth certificate.

All passport applicants must provide a completed passport application and proof of US citizenship; such as previous US passports, US birth certificates, or US Naturalization Certificates. Bring current passports, birth certificates, parents’ passports (along with photocopies of descriptive data pages of parents’ passports) and two passport-size photos. A prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, QuikPak, etc.) is required in order to post passports back to St Vincent.

Reprinted from Caribbean Net News